Change is an inevitable part of any API as new capabilities are added and concerns addressed. To continue building out our APIs while ensuring that you are disrupted as little as possible, every Particle Health API is versioned. We commit to no breaking changes, so you can remain assured that your implementation will continue working as expected even as we update APIs to new versions.
We define a breaking change as:
- Any changes in the format of the JSON data returned
- Any unsafe changes to existing fields in the request or response types
- Removal of any part of the API
As long as we don't violate any of those definitions, we can continue to add functionality to an existing API. This includes:
- Adding new, optional fields to request types
- Adding new fields to response types to provide additional information
- Adding new methods to the API that are independent of existing functionality
Particle Health utilizes URI versioning: each API will have the version specified in the URI that you call against. Additionally, our documentation for each version will be available as long as it is supported.
Updated 9 months ago